We provide full architectural services from preliminary design through to building completion, including permit applications, CAD drawings, 3D modeling & renderings, contract documentation, consultant coordination and construction administration.
A typical building process might include the following stages:
- Initial client consultation at the site to become familiar with the client’s goals, objectives and the project site. Once the project scope is defined we undertake a feasibility assessment, consulting with local authorities and researching regulations, to confirm the project scope of work.
- Design solutions developed based on an analysis of site characteristics, client objectives, and the context of the surrounding neighborhood. Designs are unique for each client and site. We enter into each commission without preconceived ideas, and the final solution develops from mutual discussions between client and architect.
- Follow-up client consultation to discuss and select design options. Computer and hand crafted drawings are used to communicate concepts through 2-D and 3-D modeling, renderings, perspectives and interior views. Samples of materials and products are often discussed at this stage.
- Construction documents are drafted in-house using CAD, either prepared or directly coordinated and supervised by the partners. Consultants are used for structural, mechanical and electrical engineering, landscaping and other specialized services. We work consistently with the same consultants to ensure coordination efficiency.
- Permit applications and consultation with regulatory departments. Drawing revisions are made based on plan check comments & feedback from governmental departments.
- If the project is bid out to multiple contractors, we will assist in analyzing and comparing the bids to make sure the scope is complete and the comparison of numbers is fair.
- Construction observation and support. We provide further clarifications as necessary during the construction process, and facilitate communication for the entire project team.
- Community Design Workshop facilitation
- Passive House Consulting
- Programming Services
- Feasibility Studys
- Product Design Drawings